This is a work in progress feature list of Playdoh.
For a list of useful libraries (bundled with playdoh or not), check out libraries.
The base: Django¶
At the time of writing, Playdoh is based on Django 1.4.5.
Playdoh’s enhancements to raise django apps’ scalability:
- jingo-minify for bundling and minifying CSS and JS assets.
“Secure by default” policy. Security enhancements applied:
- X-Frame-Options: Deny (part of commonware) set on all responses unless opted out per response.
- Stronger password hashing for Django’s built-in auth system. Default: sha512. Recommendation: bcrypt + HMAC.
- secure=True and httponly=True enabled by default on all cookies set through django’s cookie facility, opt-out possible by cookie. (part of commonware).
- Greatly reduced the need for the use of |safe in templates, to minimize opportunities for XSS vulnerabilities. The |fe() helper is part of jingo, and django_safeforms is a nugget.
- bleach library bundled for secure-by-default, but heavily customizable HTML sanitization of user input.
- Used django-session-csrf to replace Django’s built-in, cookie-based CSRF method with a common, session-based method. This mitigates the risk of cookie forging attacks.
Advanced Localization (L10n) tool chain, focusing on localizable web apps by default.
Tools and enhancements: